Saturday 15 October 2011

Runners and the off season.

So Autumn is very much upon us, and for those of you who are runners I am sure you are looking forward to a reduced running schedule.  Hopefully you are reflecting on a successful season, and already planning  your race schedule for 2012.

During your review of 2011 are you taking note of any aches, pains or even injuries that may have hit you during the season, and most importantly how you identified how to fix these problems?

I have had the opportunity to work with and talk to many more runners this year then ever before, and I hear about the same few complaints;

  • My calves are always painful
  • my shins hurt
  • My lower back aches
  • my shoulders and neck hurt
Is this you?

Now the off season is here you have a great opportunity to act and remove these complaints by diversifying your training.  Now is the time to focus on individual muscles and improve their strength and endurance ready for the new season.

Discuss any weaknesses you feel you may have with a trainer and they could be eliminated by the time your training begins for the new race season.

Does stronger, faster, pain free running sound like a great way to enjoy the new season?

Act now and reap the benefits when that next marathon comes round.

All the best,


Darren.

No comments:

Post a Comment